Sunday, February 04, 2007

What a way to go out - Colts 29 Bears 17

Well, at least the Bears played one of their worst games of the year.

At least they didn't have a chance to get up by 3 scores early in the game without making stupid miscues.

At least Manning didn't try to spot us 14.

At least we weren't still in the game with 11:00 to play, down 5 points with the ball, having only gained 120 yards of offense on 30+ plays.

At least we didn't almost go into the lead at halftime somehow.

2 dropped snaps. 2 deep throws slipping out of our quarterback's hand. I know from experience, if you have a smaller hand, the ball is ridiculously slippery when wet. My hands were so small the ball would slip out on the backswing everytime I tried to throw back in the day if it was wet/muddy. It's probably one of the most overlooked parts of football that can totally change the fate of a team. Teams should really have a plan for when their QB can't grip the ball. Ours clearly couldn't.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Point well taken about smallish hands and wettish ball.

I told my daughter (age 12 and still a True Believer) at the first interception during that catastrophic second half, "Well, we just lost the game."

She jeered at me. I told her if I was wrong, I would do all her chores on Monday.

Today she's doing all of mine.

Waaaahhh!

As most Chicagoans say most of the time, "There's always next year."

T2

Anonymous said...

Hey, the way I see it...

Bears = 1 Super Bowl Win.
Colts = 1 Super Bowl Win.

They can come bragging when we're not tied anymore. :-)

JB

Anonymous said...

That's a fine, fair way to look at it. Me? I want my day in the Bears Fan Doldrums. I've earned it. Nobody's gonna take it away from me.

Tomorrow I'll think about spring training. Not today.

T2