Thursday, March 29, 2007

Poker:Music:Goodwill:Fitness:Humor:Me

Poker:
I won 4 straight single-table tournaments at the 20/2 level a couple of weeks ago. Talk about a crazy run. All in all, there was a stretch of 8 of 10 placed in the money. To be fair, I got some real lucky turns and rivers along the way - as well as one game in particular where I couldn't avoid getting dealt PP after PP. Sometimes the gods smile.

Music:
Songs Ive recently learned (piano):

Boston - Augustana
Brick - Ben Folds Five
A Message - Coldplay

Songs I want to learn:

Good -Better Than Ezra
Mad World - Gary Jules
Come and Go - Virginia Coalition


Songs I already know:

The Scientist
Clocks
Fix You (half)
Lightning Crashes (half)
1000 Miles


Goodwill:

I recently gave blood the other day, and they have this crazy machine that can separate your platlets from your red blood cells. THEN, it spits the platelets back into your arm! What I didn't understand is 1. Why does that count for 2 pints of blood instead of 1, and 2. Why do I need the platelets back in the first place? Wouldn't that make really runny?

Fitness:

I pulled my calf doing sprints the other day. I'm old. I can do 35 pullups in a row, but apparently can't make it through 8 sprints anymore without needing an ice pack and a rub down.

Humor:
Gaffigan, Silverman, Curb's 6th Season?

"Oh Rocco, I hope you die in your sleep tonight." (as she pets her dog in bed) - possibly the best line I heard over the past few months.

"Good Morning! You're about to call in sick." - possibly the best standup skit I've seen.

Me: Status Quo. Sickening.

No comments: